At Hustle we care about you & the trust you give us. We set out below information about your Personal Information you share with us and how it is managed and our responsibilities.
- “Customer” means a client of ours.
- “our", "we", "us" or "Hustle " means Hustle New Zealand Limited trading as “Hustle” or any Related Company (as defined in Section 2(3) of the Companies Act 1993) providing you with Services.
- “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
- "Services" means any of the services we make available, whether pursuant to your use of the “Hustle HQ” application or the “Hustle Crew” application or access to and use of our website, as applicable.
- “you" means you, the person using our Services including visiting our website.
2.1 Our business
Hustle, as set out at our website and pursuant to the Hustle HQ and Hustle Crew applications, facilitates on labour hire engagement opportunities.
2.2 Your information
Understanding how and why we use your Personal information from your engagement with us is important for Hustle and for you. Our Policy provides information about the data we collect and how we use it.
2.3 Your data works for you
We primarily use your data to provide convenient job related information or for business management. In particular, for us, you, and for on hire workers to find work sites and communicate with our Customer site managers easily. We do not rent or sell your data to anyone. Additional information about how, what we collect and for what purposes is set out in Sections 3 onwards of this Policy.
2.4 Health and Safety first
Hustle is aware accidents can and do happen. Where you are on hire worker your data enables us and our Customer to determine your whereabouts on a worksite. If we or our Customer can see that you are on location but no one has heard from you, the Customer Site manager knows to check if you are well and safe.
2.5 You are in control
Through the settings on your device, you can choose when to share your location, sync your calendar, personalize your app, and even delete your registered profile account. You are in control. Where you are an on hire worker, that has registered a profile by using the Hustle Crew application, Hustle recommends that you read and understand the recommended use of device notifications as set out in your Contractor’s Agreement with respect to obligations you have as a contractor.
3. How we collect and hold your information?
We collect your Personal Information:
- when you provide Personal information to us via use of any of the Services including any registration process or ongoing engagement with us via Hustle HQ or the Hustle Crew application and any phone or text or email or if you buy or use any of our products.
- via third parties, where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
We hold your Personal Information in a combination of hard copy and electronic files. We use third party information system service providers who may store or have access to your Personal information (please also see Section 6). We may combine Personal Information we receive about you with other information we hold about you including information received from our partners or third parties.
4. What information do we collect?
As a consequence of the Services we make available, as applicable:
- Your Personal Information that may include, as necessary for the provision of our Services , your name, age, date of birth, gender, answer to a security question, photo, physical address, phone number, email address, tax number ,bank account details, drivers licence number and any other necessary information that identifies you.
- Payment details including on hire worker bank account, credit/debit card number and expiry date, payment amounts and the dates and time of the related Site manager transactions.
- Geolocation data from your device.
- IP address of your device when connected to the internet and the domain name from which you are accessing the internet.
- The operating system and the browser your device uses, and any search engine you are using.
- The domain name of the page you visit after leaving our website.
- The date and time you visit our website.
If you are using Facebook:
- Your unique Facebook address.
- You’re Facebook ID.
- Other Facebook data being:
- Profile page;
- Contact information including email addresses;
- Date of birth;
- Friends list; and
- any other user information that is publicly available.
5. We collect and store your information for the following purposes:
As applicable to your engagement with us:
5.1 Services provision
In relation to the Hustle HQ and Hustle Crew name applications, the processing of relevant data for on hire worker engagements concerning our customers and our contracted workers and any related engagement.
- To help us make our website and any other related content available to you (Please also read the "Will we share your information with anyone else?" Section 6 below for more information).
- To make our website more relevant for you and our other visitors.
5.3 Credit assessment and Payment transactions
- To undertake credit checks of you (if necessary).
- As a consequence of the processing of payments to or receipt from you for monies due and payable between you and us.
5.4 Newsletters and Competitions
- To send you our newsletter if you have signed up to receive it. If you want to sign up to receive our newsletter we will collect Personal Information from you as is necessary for the newsletter service, namely your email address, name and what you are interested in hearing more about.
- To carry out occasional surveys to analyse our Services user base.
Where you have given your express consent to marketing, we may display offers, promotions, products or services on our website which we think will interest you based upon the information we collect from your cookies. You may withdraw your consent to direct marketing at any time by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Withdraw consent request from direct marketing’.
5.6 Compliance with the law and enforcement of rights:
- To comply with the law including where required by a regulator.
- As we determine necessary to prevent illegal activity.
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests including defending any claim.
5.7 Services improvement
- To improve the Services that we provide to you.
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Privacy Act 1993.
6. Will we share your information with anyone else?
- When you specifically request this, such as when you, as an on hire worker, submit information to enquire about jobs listed as available on the Hustle Crew application.
- For a credit reference agency, for the purpose of credit checking you.
- Where our third party service provider(s) that support our Services including any cloud service provider that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to store data or to provide our website. These service providers and the IT system or data centre(s) maybe located outside New Zealand. As at the date of this Policy the applicable third party service provider and IT system(s) and/or data centre(s) are located in Australia and, in particular, our website is hosted via a service provider and its IT system located in the United States of America.
- As part of our Services with our Customer, where required for legitimate reasons concerning the performance or health and safety of an on hire worker, their physical location via the geolocation data as accessed through the on hire co-worker Hustle Crew application.
- Where we are required to do so to comply with mandatory lawful directions of the courts or other regulatory authorities.
- Where we determine that it is reasonably necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests.
- Any other legal entity you authorise us in writing to do so.
- Where we believe that other Hustle Related Companies’ products and services may interest you or for necessary and relevant business purposes we need to share with any of them the Personal Information.
- Where necessary in our engagement with trusted third party service providers to provide and improve our Services to you or to carry out surveys and user analysis to understand your needs and preferences.
- We will also share your information with MailChimp, who securely host emails and act as a supplier to distribute our newsletter. We contractually require these service providers to keep your Personal Information safe and secure. These trusted third parties are only permitted to use your Personal Information for the purposes we specify.
As at 1 May 2018, we currently do not share any Personal Information with third parties (other than that occurs as a consequence of our service provider managing and supporting our IT system database(s)) that is not anonymised. However, if we do so in the future we will list them in this Policy and notify you of this change to our Policy prior to any such use.
7. Cookies Policy
7.2 What are cookies?
A cookie is a text file containing small amounts of information which is downloaded to your device when you access a website. The text file is then sent back to our server each time your browser requests a page from the server. This enables us to operate the site more effectively and load the site so that it reflects your personal preferences, based on your previous browsing on www.HustleNZ.com as well as keywords we may be able to gather from URLs of other webpages from which you accessed www.hustleNZ.com. Cookies can also allow us to do various other things, as explained below.
7.3 What cookies do we use?
When you visit www.HustleNZ.com, the following types of cookies may be downloaded to your device:
7.3.1 Analytical and Performance Cookies
We may use analytics service providers for website traffic analysis and reporting. Analytics service providers generate statistical and other information about the use of www.HustleNZ.com by using cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how often visitors return to the site, how long they stay and how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, it helps users to find what they are looking for easily. The information generated relating to the site may be used to create reports about the use of the site and the analytics service provider will store this information.
7.3.2 Advertising and Targeting Cookies
These cookies record your visit to www.HustleNZ.com, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to other sites. We will use this information to try and make our site and other sites that you visit more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with others, such as other Hustle Tec Related Companies and carefully selected third parties, for this purpose.
7.3.3 Functionality Cookies
We may use functional cookies that allow us to remember choices you have made on our website so as to provide you with a more enhanced user experience by delivering content specific to your interests.
7.3.4 Strictly Necessary Cookies
These are cookies that are required for the administration and operation of our site. Some cookies that we use are necessary for our site to function properly and to enable you to move around the site and use its features.
7.3.5 Third Party Cookies
Because Hustle has a strong presence on various social networks (Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) we try and make it as easy as possible to share content and to see what content is popular on those networks. We add buttons to allow people to easily share to those networks. We also use Facebook to power the commenting functionality on the website. When we include these social 'plugins', it gives those sites the flexibility to use their own cookies. They can't read any cookies we set from www.HustleNZ.com, and we can't read any cookies they set, but it lets them do the same kind of traffic measuring that we do on the rest of www.HustleNZ.com, and it also lets them know whether you're logged into their site. We never know whether you're logged in or not, as you communicate directly with Facebook, through their plugins on our site.
As at 1 May 2018, we disclose we use the following third party cookies:
- MailChimp - Email distribution
- Twitter - Advertising Targeting
- Facebook Social Graph - Social Comment publishing
- Facebook Social Plugins - Advertising Targeting
- Facebook Custom Audience - Advertising Targeting
- Facebook pixel
- YouTube.com - Video Player
- PubNub-Push notifications
- Nexmo-SMS verification
- Linked-In - Advertising Targeting
- Mixpanel Analytics
7.4 How do I turn cookies off?
If you do not wish us to install cookies or you don’t agree with how we use these cookies, you can change the settings on your internet browser to reject them. For more information please consult the “Help” section of your browser or visit www.aboutcookies.org, www.allaboutcookies.org or http://optout.aboutads.info/#/. Please note that if you do set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features on our website.
8.1 How will we make sure our site is secure?
We follow strict security procedures to manage how your Personal Information is stored, used, who sees it and to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with Personal Information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your Personal information on our website’s or in any of our social media channels, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
8.2 Payment transactions
In relation to your credit card details and payment transactions, the processing and storage are done by our on line payment system that is implemented in compliance with the PCI DSS Version 3.2 standard.
9. How long do we keep hold of the information?
There are certain reasons that we have to keep hold of some of your Personal Information. Naturally we keep your Personal Information, where you are registered with us as an on hire worker so that we are able to provide the applicable Service to you but we also keep it after you've left us, though only for as long as necessary. How long we keep it depends very much on the type of Personal Information we are holding and the business purpose for which we need it. We will take into account our legal obligations in respect of how long we keep such data.
10. How you can access your information?
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Privacy Act 1993, you can request access to the readily retrievable Personal Information we hold about you at any time.
You can write to us at the following email address below requesting access to your Personal information.
You are entitled to be told by us:
- whether we or someone else on our behalf is processing the Personal Information we hold on you.
- what Personal Information we hold.
- details of the purposes for the processing of your Personal Information.
- details of any third party with whom your Personal Information has been shared.
You can also request that we correct any Personal Information which we hold about you where it is inaccurate. In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the Personal Information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the Personal Information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise rights under this Section 10, please email us at support@hustleNZ.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the Personal Information and the correction that you are requesting).We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your Personal Information or correcting that information.
We will maintain this Policy and update it from time to time as is necessary in relation to our Services or as a consequence of legal changes.
12. Our business and legal framework
In relation to any user of the Services, we disclose that for any engagement by you with us it will be in relation to a trading business operating in New Zealand that is governed by New Zealand laws and regulations including health and safety and tax legislation and regulations.